View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012   #46
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do we have a Super Bowl team or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I thought we looked as good as any other team out there, better than most... until I saw the Ravens.

To me, it looked like the Bengals just ran out of gas. They were right there with them until the last few minutes of the third qtr. The Ravens were pretty impressive, even though they gave up 129 yards on the ground & 322 yards total. Ray Rice only gained 68 yards on the ground. But he only carried the ball 10 times.

But I think we said the same thing early last season, then the Ravens ran out of gas. Let's see what happens this year.

Cincinnati also looked very good at times. I think they are in the same position as we are (other than being favored in our division). They had high expectations coming into the season, but it was gut check time yesterday & I'm sure they didn't like what they saw. Overall they played well, but there are more areas that need addressing than they thought.... just my take.
2 quick things on the Ravens....

1) Its Flacco. He looks great one week then just craps the bed the next. Never forget Jacoby Jones either....

2) Suggs is still out and no matter how much everyone sucks at the teet of Ray Lewis/Ed Reed they wont play the entire season. One week in and Reed already has a messed up hammy.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote