View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012   #187
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayshauntay View Post
Not true. I watched Chris Culliver do it vs the Packers a couple of times. I notice these things now because every time I see a CB do it, I think, wow, why can't our 1st round pick Kareeem do that?
OK, so here's the one play I saw.

9:02 in the second quarter.
Culliver was right next to the receiver Jones near the side line.
The ball was underthrown, forcing the receiver to slow down while looking at the ball.
This gave Culliver just enough time to catch up.
He grabbed the receiver's shoulder's pad and then turned around to locate the ball.

This is what I was talking about; when you're in good position
(ie. you know exactly where the receiver is going - Culliver with a hand on the shoulder pad of the receiver). He was in-phase with the receiver; that's a good time to turn your head.

A PI should have been called (the commentator saw it that way).
But that's besides the point.

Because the ball was underthrown (or for whatever reason), the DB was in a good position to defend the pass,
and therefore, can afford to turn his head to locate the ball.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote