View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012   #36
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt: All-Pro DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Watt won't win MVP, DPOY, or even the weekly award. You know why? When they showed the highlights for the Texans game on NFLN, they showed the two tips for INTs and mentioned Cushing and Kareem Jackson. Not one mention of Watt, nor did they show his sacks. To the casual observer outside Houston, Watt doesn't exist. And it's a crying shame because every other player on defense yesterday was not performing to Watt's level until he kickstarted things. The man is a beast, a motivator, and the catalyst that gets things rolling for that defense.

Not. One. Mention.

I think that they likely attribute Watt's 3 batted passes to Tannehill more than anything else.

I tried looking up the record for most batted passes in the NFL but I am having no luck. Watt has been on a tear with batted passes over his last 3-4 games. I bet his is one of the most ever. I've never seen anything like it before. I think another game like this and the talking heads will be Watt this and that.