View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012   #60
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Although we won.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
if it's possible to call a 20 point win ugly, this was it. i thought the game played as it looked - an overwhelmingly talented team playing like crap. varsity team goofing off against a JV team, with only a hand full of players (watt) taking it seriously.

without those turnovers it very well may have been a route the other way. you could see it in some like schaub, who were visably frustrated with the effort and focus.
THIS ^^^^. Well said.

Schaub was a bit agitated with the guys today.

And it DID look like varsity guys goofing around and not taking a jv team seriously enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick Sailor View Post
What we saw today is what happens when a very good team believes their own hype and overlooks an opponent they believed to be beneath them. They weren't sharp. They weren't focused. They simply weren't hungry.

Great coaches and team leaders can correct this before it cost us a winnable game. Sometimes it takes a loss to snap out of it. Something will have to resharpen the edge to the sharpness that we last saw in the Tamba Bay game last year.
And again, this ^^^^ is so true.

The thing I like about our coaching staff, the culture Gary has developed, and that Schaub and a guy like JJ Watt embrace, is that it WILL get addressed in team meetings this week. There will be a Come To Jesus session; it will be a week-long learning environment, and I suspect the team will be sharp next week in Jax.