View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012   #57
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Although we won.....

I don't know how concerned I am with the run defense after one game. Reggie Bush was running as well as any back in the league at the end of last season, and Jake Long is just a beast to run behind. Reggie Bush had some nice daylight running left but the Texans still kept him in check for the most part. I sort of give credit to the Dolphins run offense more so than the Texans run defense playing poorly today.

Reggie Bush's final 4 games last season, he rushed for 100 yards, 103 yards, 203 yards and 113 yards. Leading the league in rushing the final month of the season. We were facing a guy who was looking to have his 5th straight 100-yard game. Albeit the entire off-season likely cooled him off.

And yet, the Texans held Reggie Bush to 14 carries and 69 rushing yards today. 0 TDs and made him fumble once. I'd call that pretty damn good to be honest. I mean granted they held Bush to only 18 yards rushing in Week 2 last year but at that time he was nowhere near the "good back" he seems to be turning into.

I'm willing to give Miami credit for their run offense and run defense. They will be a good team in both categories all year long. It certainly didn't shock me that they did well at both today. Just too bad for Miami fans they're not going to be much more than a 6-10 team because they've got some real problems on passing offense - rookie quarterback and WRs who wouldn't even be a number three or four on a good team.