View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Matt Schaub Signs Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You have no idea how much of it is incentive based, there's no way to tell how much he's really going to earn. 25 guaranteed is actually pretty reasonable, as that's basically 2 years guaranteed, plus a little more. As I said earlier, I hope it's backloaded so that we are basically making a 2-3 year deal with him, and he won't earn the 20 million or whatever it could be in year 4. Look at some of those contracts you linked, almost every one of those QBs are making outrageous sums in their final years, and it's unlikely they will get it.

I'm willing to bet about 10 million of it is tied up in incentives based on things like starting 14-16 regular season games, 2 million bonus for winning the Super Bowl, 1 million bonus for winning AFC, etc etc. QB contracts are always inflated by stuff like that.
I'd love to know what his anual salary is for the first three years.

25 guaranteed over 4 years is just a little more than $6M/yr, his salary for this year may be as low as $2M/yr & like you said, incentives based on games played, play-off placing, pro-bowl, AFC Championship game appearance... etc, etc...

He may only make $8M this year, which is about right for him.