View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012   #40
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub Signs Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman16 View Post
The 15.5 is his base, so it's relevant. With the signing bonus alone he's still in the same territory, and still overpaid.
You have no idea how much of it is incentive based, there's no way to tell how much he's really going to earn. 25 guaranteed is actually pretty reasonable, as that's basically 2 years guaranteed, plus a little more. As I said earlier, I hope it's backloaded so that we are basically making a 2-3 year deal with him, and he won't earn the 20 million or whatever it could be in year 4. Look at some of those contracts you linked, almost every one of those QBs are making outrageous sums in their final years, and it's unlikely they will get it.

I'm willing to bet about 10 million of it is tied up in incentives based on things like starting 14-16 regular season games, 2 million bonus for winning the Super Bowl, 1 million bonus for winning AFC, etc etc. QB contracts are always inflated by stuff like that.