View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012   #52
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5 questions: Ben Tate edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not a cap expert at all. In fact, I'll readily admit I'm clueless in that area.

But didnt Arian sign a somewhat reasonable contract that would allow us to distribute funds elsewhere?

Seems to me that with rookie contracts going down and hopefully picking late in the first we'd save some money on that end and be able to retain some of our own guys.

Tate still has a couple years left, so maybe with Antonio restructuring and other moves we may have enough money to sign Tate to a reasonable deal?

Maybe I'm totally off base here though.
I really think Tate is a top 10 starting back , a franchise type who can tote it 25 times a game .... and he'll get paid near what Foster got (possibly more , not that he's better).... It only takes one team to offer him that and there is no way the Texans can match it , thats just too much to tie up in one position.

If Tate was willing to take $2-$3m per then it may be possible to find a way to keep him .... I just think he's going to be worth significantly more than that to at least one team.

Thirty two teams in the NFL .... name me 10 backs better than Tate. Even if you can do so , that still leaves 22 teams with inferior players at the position. Someone's gonna pony up big bucks.

Very good post TPN .... I agree.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote