View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012   #265
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
peyton manning vs steelers defense (minus clark)
or
joe flacco vs cincinnati

i'm leaning manning because, well it's peyton manning. i also hate qb's against opponents within their division. then again, flacco has looked really good this preseason, especially with the hurry up offense, and i'm betting harbaugh wants to lean on flacco as much as possible early on to build him up this season.
That's a tough call. Flacco had a passer rating over 100 last year against the Bengals and threw 3 TDs to 1 INT but only a total of 400 yards in two games. OTOH, I think that last game was a gimme game and he didn't play much. I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco lights them up.... OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Jacoby Jones. So. There you go.

Peyton? He scares me. If it's the old Peyton, then hell yeah. But it's not the old Peyton and these aren't his old receivers and this isn't his old offense. OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Joel Dreessen. So. There you go.

I'd go Peyton.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote