View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012   #32
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5 questions: Ben Tate edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
How important is Ben Tate to this team?

Can the Texans keep him long term?

Would you try to keep him long term?

Is there any chance Ben Tate is with the team past next year?

What would you expect in return from a trade involving Tate?
1. Tate is very important to this team, he's Fosters primary backup and more of a power runner than Foster.
2. No I don't believe the Texans can keep Tate long term. He'll be a FA after the 2013 season and far to expensive to keep.
3. If it were possible financially yes I'd love to keep Tate, but it's just not going to happen, he'll be to expensive once he reaches FA.
4. Slim to none.
5. I expect the Texans to attempt to trade Tate after this season so that hopefully we get something for him and not just allow him to walk.

If traded right now I'd want a 1st round pick, after the season I'd still ask for a 1st but would settle for a very high 2nd and a 3rd.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote