View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012   #24
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5 questions: Ben Tate edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
How important is Ben Tate to this team?
If Foster is a 10 then his back-up should be at least a 7 which I feel confident Tate qualifies. They are also worth more together than apart. Scale of 1-10 then he's an 8

Can the Texans keep him long term?
Ben must stay healthy & prove to be a RB a team can ride into the playoffs. If he accomplishes that, then yes.

Would you try to keep him long term? Within salary constraints, yes.

Is there any chance Ben Tate is with the team past next year?
50-50

What would you expect in return from a trade involving Tate?
2nd rounder.
My gut feeling tells me no. Ben Tate is a beast RB, physical @ the line with explosive burst to second level but not a second gear. He can be an excellent back-up to an elite RB like Foster but will yearn to carve his own niche, sooner or later. But doubt this ends in a trade, more like typical walk after contract negotiations fail Texan style.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote