View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 214142 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5 questions: Ben Tate edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
How important is Ben Tate to this team?

Can the Texans keep him long term?

Would you try to keep him long term?

Is there any chance Ben Tate is with the team past next year?

What would you expect in return from a trade involving Tate?
Man , tough questions Rey.

Tate's importance is overshadowed by that of Foster obviously .... but if you dont have Tate , Foster is probably overworked heavily.

Can they keep him , I dont know .... I think he's starter quality. Depends upon how the rest of the league views him.

I'd like to keep him around for the long haul just dont know if you can pay him and Foster fair market value at the same time with the salary cap what it is. Maybe you ride Foster hard this year and next then cut / trade him and give Tate the starting gig.

If I were to move him today , I'd expect nothing short of an early second , late first rounder in return if Im giving him up this year. Next season I might have to revise that lower but for now , thats where Im at as far as value.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote