View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5 questions: Ben Tate edition

as important as a backup can be. dude ran for over 5 ypc and nearly 1000 yards last season, essentially as a rookie getting 1/3 of the snaps.

unlikely, by the time his rookie deal expires, he'll be looking for (and getting) starter money in free agency.

definitely, it's a passing league but our passing attack is based off of play action. we're probably the most balanced offense in football and you need a capable backup incase of injury and to spell the starter in order to make our offense work at full strength. i wouldnt however keep him "at any cost", because RB is NOT a position to sink too much money into.

it's possible we're able to extend him, especially if he gets hurt or has a down year. again, unlikely, but possible.

i definitely would. the chances of keeping him, and at a reasonable price are very low, so i would shop him around incase he blows up or someone gets desperate. i dont see it happening though, we'll use tate as long as we can and then he'll leave. if we were to trade him, i'd be trying to get a late first. a young great runningback who fits multiple schemes and has very little wear on him is worth no less than an early second.

Last edited by Scooter; 09-07-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote