View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012   #82
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McManis traded to Bears for FB Clutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
To me, Hester is a lesser Casey. He does the same sort of things as Casey, just not as good. I'm not sure what position he fits best. Is he a FB? An H back? More like a tweener of the two? Who know, but I'd pass on him. I liked Hester coming out of LSU too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think both Hester and Casey are hybrids, but I see Hester as fb/rb hybrid and Casey as more of a TE/fb hybrid. I think they could play all the same positions, but I think Hester is a bit more of a rb and Casey is a bit more of a TE.

I'd dump ball and pick up Hester in a heart beat. He provides versatlitu and special teams ability much like Casey.

If Arian or Tate get nicked up then you're down to two rb's. If you have Hester on the roster he could take some carries behind Forsett. If a TE or fb got nicked he could step in and help there too so we wouldn't have to change what we do too drastically.
Problem is Hester doesn't have the speed and agility to play RB now that he put on some weight since college.

It's hard to see Hester pressing the line and make the cut in our scheme.

I don't think he's a good fit as a RB.

And if we're down to 2 RBs, we can always bring Grimes up; he's a guy that you (Rey) likes to begin with.

There's a point of diminishing return with "too much" versatility, especially when you have a good team.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote