View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Cougars 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
You do realize UH is in CUSA right?? UH has never been able to go into the 5 star recruits homes and get them away from the major powers it was like that in the SWC days and its especially true today. That's why UH when it was most successful did it with talent that the other schools missed out on. They did it with WR who weren't 6'3 and built like Andre Johnson. They did it by turning 5'7 former QB Jason Phillips into an all american. They did it with a QB like Andre Ware who every other school that recruited him wanted to turn him into a DB. UH is not Ohio St it doesn't have the money from alums that those major powers have and I doubt it will even be close in my lifetime. We have to grab guys that the big schools misjudge and from the guys who slip through the cracks and get coached up.
How did those guys do in pros? You made my point that players go to UH only if no other better choice.