View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012   #47
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Cougars 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
His record may suck but he did attempt to turn UH football towards a different direction and unfortunately it didn't work out.

UH needs to move away from their pass-heavy offense and either have a balanced spread attack a la Ohio State or turn into a spread offense with zone reads like West Virginia under Rich Rodriguez.

That and hire a DC who can recruit and get the right types of players on the team. No more linebackers that are built like safeties.

Just my thoughts...
You do realize UH is in CUSA right?? UH has never been able to go into the 5 star recruits homes and get them away from the major powers it was like that in the SWC days and its especially true today. That's why UH when it was most successful did it with talent that the other schools missed out on. They did it with WR who weren't 6'3 and built like Andre Johnson. They did it by turning 5'7 former QB Jason Phillips into an all american. They did it with a QB like Andre Ware who every other school that recruited him wanted to turn him into a DB. UH is not Ohio St it doesn't have the money from alums that those major powers have and I doubt it will even be close in my lifetime. We have to grab guys that the big schools misjudge and from the guys who slip through the cracks and get coached up.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote