View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012   #110
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: REPORT: Death at Reliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Oh Good Grief. The escalators were used for 10 years without an incident. I am sure they overly comply with any safety regulations.

I am very sorry for this man's family, I am sure they are just devastated over such a senseless death. I was thinking the other day how angry I would be at my spouse if he had died in such a senseless way, it would make it very hard to grieve.

But, you can't prevent idiots and the idea that we should be surrounded in plexiglass as we make our way thru our lives is not realistic.
It is not only realistic, but I believe that it is being studied as we speak.

The first incident is manageable, the second is not. They can't continue to allow alcohol-fueled tailgating, compound it by selling more alcohol within the stadium, and have a second incident occur on their watch. Although the escalators are constructed to code, that is not protection against a successful lawsuit. The best protection will be more safety barriers.

Expect the plexiglass or other higher barrier to be installed shortly.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote