View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012   #109
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: REPORT: Death at Reliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
That's horrible if true. Will it take another death or two before changes happen? Yes, it's foolish to clown around and slide down the handrails of the escalators but I'd argue that even the most intelligent people can do crazy things when they're drunk. Time for Jamey Rootes to earn that salary. Why not go the extra mile to make safety a number one priority?
Oh Good Grief. The escalators were used for 10 years without an incident. I am sure they overly comply with any safety regulations.

I am very sorry for this man's family, I am sure they are just devastated over such a senseless death. I was thinking the other day how angry I would be at my spouse if he had died in such a senseless way, it would make it very hard to grieve.

But, you can't prevent idiots and the idea that we should be surrounded in plexiglass as we make our way thru our lives is not realistic.