View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012   #38
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 2012 "Rate My Draft" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Thanks for the reply Joey!

Well Mathews said he was ready for week 1, and it sounds like he probably only misses the 1st game and that is more a precaution. So I was kinda planning on using him from week 2 on. But he is injury prone, and I wasn`t thrilled taking him, but he was the top HB on my list (and on all experts lists I could find) with a little drop of to the next so I decided to bite the bullet. If he can stay healthy he should do pretty good as the featured back.

And don`t count out Bradshaw - he is no Foster, but he is a tough guy that usually gets his yards. Again, IŽd have liked to get some other HBs, but when it was my turn to pick, the guys IŽd really want were already gone. That`s what you get when you take a WR (Megatron) and a QB (Newton) with your first two picks.
I can relate to that, I took Drew Brees as my first, and although it's nice to get a top 5 QB you really start to feel it once you try to pick a RB. That's why I joined some random ESPN pick-up league and drafted RBs and WRs first, and picked up a QB and everything else pretty late. I'll see how that team does compared to my first league. I'd say Megatron could be worth it though. I had him last season and he was a life saver while Arian Foster was out.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote