View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012   #64
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McManis traded to Bears for FB Clutts

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/?p=7215

Insight from a Bears writer/columnist
Quote:
Well, basically, the Bears want to run a lot of “Ace Personnel” this season (2 TEs and 2 WRs). They’ll use their tight ends as lead blockers primarily but also to create matchup issues in the passing game given their new weapons on the outside in Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery. I’m telling you this because it serves to show why Clutts is no longer in Chicago, because it has nothing to do with his play—he simply didn’t fit what the Bears wanted to do this season.

Prior to the trade, Clutts was, in my opinion, the best in-line blocker the Bears had out of the backfield. He played all 16 games last season, half of which he started. Not bad for a guy snatched off an NFL practice squad. Make no mistake about it—tape doesn’t lie—the addition of Clutts was a big part of what allowed Matt Forte to have such a breakout season in 2011; it’s something I know personally that he took a lot of pride in.

He’s the type of player you just want on your team: hungry, driven, humble, smart. He’s a good guy. He’s a solid special teams contributor, and when you review a lot of the Bears’ big returns last season, it’s no coincidence that Clutts was on the field blocking for a most of them. Well miss him in Chicago, but if the Texans plan on using him to his strengths, they won’t be sorry.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote