View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans sign OT Ryan Harris

First off Ryan Harris was a premier guard prospect coming out of Notre Dame. If healthy he could be a better option @ RT than Newton beause of his experience & ability to mirror & slide in pass pro, very polished. Both lack ideal size for an NFL tackle but that's OK ZBS. Denver/Houston type player. Never fully developed strength because of injury's, best suited now as reserve tackle, if he can stay healthy & get stronger adequate starter material.

I love Newton as a left guard, not so sure he has the size to develop into elite RT prospect/player? He will start until Ryan can catch-up, depending on play may see some type of rotational plan dictated by play calling/match-ups. I have Tackle as my number one draft priority after this season. I hope Schaub can survive otherwise we are looking a TJ Yates leading the Texans in consecutive playoff appearances.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote