View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McManis traded to Bears for FB Clutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
just watched every bears offensive snap from last nite watching clutts (btw how awesome is gamepass condensed- they have the whole game fitted into 25 mins). color me unimpressed overall tbh. dunno what the bears fans on that forum were on about his strong blocking at the GL? maybe last yr pre-injury possibly?

last nite, clutts was blocking most of the time he was in (about 50% of total offensive plays id estimate) and while he usually got a hat on a hat and wasnt getting knocked back, he wasnt plowing holes either which, considering alot of the time he was blocking a cb on outside runs, wasnt very impressive. didnt see him pop anyone back once like norris did last nite. also once or twice, his man was able to disengage and make the tackle 5-10 yds downfield.

passing wise he was targetted 4 times iirc on short routes- caught 3 inc one nice grab in traffic on a bullet pass & one drop on a low throw that he tried to one hand grab- not a horrible drop like some of norris' last nite, but one that a good catching fb should make. wasnt in for any straight pass protection only play action.

he's not gonna unseat casey anytime soon barring injury

didnt notice any ST plays but was focusing on offense and skipped a few of em

I watched a different game, against the Chargers last year.

He was not in on many snaps, very few actually (I've only watched the first half so far).

It was positive; he took out the ILB very strongly on one play and was adequate on a couple others.

I know it was limited "experience", but so far so good.

I'm not jumping to any conclusion, though.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote