View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012   #52
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: REPORT: Death at Reliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Thinking back to the many times I have been on these very same escalators, they are all within building code requirements and have yellow warning labels on them cautioning people on proper use.

To fall off of an escalator requires a lot of effort. There will be lawyers involved however.

Very sad for the young man and his family. I hope they are able to find peace.
I know you're an architect and I'm not disputing your words or expertise at all. Just saying that building code doesn't factor in certain things and is not an automatic conclusion that it is safe. Not a lot of effort required for disaster in a place where they sell alcohol and have tons of people around. Roughhousing in a joyous stadium can easily been done. That being said... I don't see how the Texans will overreact to this. More safety barriers is always a good thing.

The callousness in this thread is par the course for the human race. Ship happens.