View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Way Too Early Mock

Fleener would have resolved this issue last year wouldn't it? compare the two for us please-

Personally, I think there is pretty good value in later rounds to fill TE position, but do understand the added value/dimension it brings which is why I had earmarked Alabama TE Michael Williams also 6-5 just more tackle heavy to address blocking concerns in 4th rd. I see my boy David Paulson a 7th rd. selection for the Pittsburgh Steelers, has shined in the pre-season. I think he is equal to Casey & will become one of Big Ben's safety outlets as well help in protection.

Can't go wrong with Wisconsin Badger, OL, you just can't. I would be all over this pick if Texan couldn't grab Jake Matthews in 1st.

Thank you for Borland, see if he sticks, heady player to replace Bradie in a year or two.

Have not followed Duke football so know little about Sean Renfree. However doubt with Keenum & Yates Kubiak would opt to develop another young arm this soon.

Texans have a solid group of safety prospects already fighting for roster spots. I think Quin will extend on the cheap, then you have Nolan who has developed into a well rounded safety (for depth purposes)with exciting playmaker in Demps & special teams phenom Shilo Keo. If they weren't so deep might see McMannis more @ FS but think he will probably end up back on the edge with his speed & length with McCain & Harris fighting it out as nickles.

Nothing against Goard or adding WR depth but I just don't trust the Kentucky program, given the talent level, to develop NFL ready players. I would like someone already polished from excellent coaching background like Ryan Broyles. I wonder if he goes IR? or Texans could make a trade for him otherwise if you grab the Duke QB might go with the Duke WR, Connor Vernon. Looks like a future Kevin Walter replacement type to me.

Taking a flyer on OLB late 7th seems like a wasted pick to me, maybe its the bitter taste in my mouth left from Mr. Irreverent Cheta Ozougwu? You know we could have selected Mark Herzlich & taken care of ILB need. So you just never know, but one thing for sure is there is a gaping hole in the middle of this defense without Cody who will be a free agent next year I believe? Which is why I went with Josh Boyd who I just love. Big man selected this late would be more of a long term proposition, which I don't think would be a wise choice to wait on Texans part.

As always a good, informative mock draft, partner

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote