View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY's 2013 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Your right the Texans never cared about the safety position, until Wade Phillips got here. When we finally got someone truly qualified to be a Defensive Coordinator instead of hiring Kubiak's unqualified friends we got 2 new Safeties. Manning and Quin have brought alot to our secondary. Not even Darrell Revis can cover a WR by himself for more than about 4-5 seconds at most. Quality Safety help is needed by even the best CB's. Now I do agree with your general idea that a Safety is not a high need in 2013. I think we re-sign Quin and if not then I wouldn't mind giving Demps a year to prove what he capable of, he's looked pretty damn good last year and this preseason.
I just see Quin going for the bucks. I swam against public opinion saying same about Conner Barwin.

BTW, he still has not reach a new deal. Texans philosophy says if no deal by start of season, negotiations stop.