View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY's 2013 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm with the people that don't think we need to go CB early in the next draft. We have Kareem Jackson for the next 3 years, and JJo for 4. Those guys will be the starters, we just need some depth behind them. Harris will be here for 3 more years as well, and he seems capable to split time with KJax, given the limited time I've seen him in preseason.

We should be looking for a replacement nickle corner, because McCain is likely gone after this season. I think he will get a decent offer that the Texans won't be able to match, same goes for Glover Quin. If we get lucky, those guys won't get much interest around the league and will be re-signed for 1-3 million a year, but I give that about a 5% chance of happening.

So the question is, do we have someone on the roster who can take Quin's safety spot? Demps maybe? I don't know, but I know the Texans have never cared much about the safety position, so I expect us to allocate our resources elsewhere. Even if Harris can be the nickel corner next year, I expect a mid to late round pick spent on both a Safety and a CB.
Bold while probably true is only an assumption for KJ. If a better player can be drafted he would fall to back up. Same can be said for our LT, RT, FB and SS (Quin who is a FA 2013). Bradie James probably falls in this classification also. IMO, we basically have a 3 CB rotation in Joseph, KJ and Harris. The positions LCB & RCB scream for a high pick to joing the rotation. I was hoping for either McMannis or Carmichael to fill that but that does not appear to be happening.