View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Way Too Early Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
My assessment:

1. Fiedo, I really like the player but with the money we still owe OD, I doubt he's going anywhere. I just think we have higher priorities in the 1st round than backup TE.
2. Wagner, I love this pick. I'd run to the podium if he's still available. He'd lock down RT for years to come.
3. Borland, I don't know anything about him but like you I question his height.
4. Renfree, I don't know anything about him, I haven't studied the QB's because I just don't see a need at QB.
5. Polk, I don't know anything about this guy but he sounds like a Pollard clone, big hitter. What's he like in coverage? If he can't cover, why bother. The days of the Pollard style SS are pretty much over in this pass happy NFL.
6. Goard, again don't know anything about him, but I like the size and God know's we need added depth at WR. Can he run a route and get separation?
7. Opurum, don't know anything about the guy and question the need, we're pretty deep at OLB.

Why no interior O-line depth? When Brooks takes someones job next season we'll need some quality OG depth. S. Smith ain't cutting it.
OD signed 4 year deal with $6m guaranteed. 2012= $3.5m base. $4m bonus spread over 4 years. After this season his guarantee is met and $750,000 for '13 and '14 (1.5m)would be counted against cap. So he could be cut before 2013 and count 1 1/2 m and his salary of $4m and then 4.5m could go to another player. IMO Schaub current base of $7m + OD's $4 should be about what Matt's looking for. A guarantee of two years ($22m) + a reasonable bonus say 10m (over say 5 years = $2m cap hit per season) puts $32m in his pocket in 2 years with ten upfront.