View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rey's early Mock

My assessment:

1. Logan, I like Logan more as a DE in our system than a NT. He's got good size and speed for DE but lacks the bulk for NT. If we were replacing Antonio Smith next year I'd get behind this pick but for NT in the 1st round I'd much rather have Kawaan Short.
2. Johnson, I really like this guy for the Texans and think you have him projected perfectly. I love the player, I just wonder if we have higher priorities at other positions. He would solidify the position for years to come though.
3. Robinson, NO. He might be a weapon but with this pick we'd now have 2 (Posey) roster spots tied up with 3rd round project players that will take a couple years to develop, if they ever do. Projects should come in the late rounds. We've got to get some production from our 3rd round picks.
3. Robey, I don't know anything about him but I like the position picked and in the proper round. Sounds like a good pick, we'll need depth here. This all depends on if we re-sign McCain.
4. Aboushi, I've got him in the 3rd round of my latest mock (not yet published) and I question that. I think he stands a real good chance of going much higher, early 2nd or maybe even late 1st round.
5. Burton, I'm not familiar with him, all depends on if we re-sign Casey. Casey would re-sign for vet. minimum.
5. Wing, if he's still available it's a great pick. Lock down the P position for a decade at least.
6. Swearinger, I don't know the player but I like the added depth/competition in the secondary.
7. Watford, he needs to add some weight but your right we need added depth that might develop. I think Shelley Smith is on his last leg as a Texan.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote