View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012   #159
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Hurricane Season

In Metairie right now just outside New Orleans. I'm amazed I still have power. The wind here is insane. The rain is so-so. A lot of the parishes about 45 miles to the southwest of the city are taking the full force. The storm is indeed moving insanely slow and has already stalled twice while still maintaining hurricane status. When it made landful, we had reported winds of 100 and the pressure was 968 which is category 2 by the books. I'll be shocked of the National Hurricane Center does not reclassify this as a category 2 storm, because it sure doesn't feel like a cat 1.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote