View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012   #158
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Hurricane Season

I feel so sorry for those living in New Orleans and the path of Isaak. Each hurricane has its own way of doing damage, and the way Isaak is moving so slow, I worry about horrendous flooding. That thing is just sitting on the area.

That said, I would like to on a mini rant about the press coverage. I was checking the local news stations, and each has multiple reporters in the LA covering the storm. I wonder how many reporters in total are there all trying to get the perfect shot. It is absolutely ridiculous. They are showing them driving around talking about how dangerous it is to be out and about. The thing that really bothers me is how much extra work it causes the local authorities, who have much better things to be doing. Why can't they pool coverage and only have a few people in total in the area?

Gah, I can't even express how disgusted I am with the way our tv news is handled.