View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012   #70
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dez Does Dallas Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
It is a sad situation. I was a Lufkin HS season ticket holder when he played high school football. The kid has unbelievable freak of nature talent. His HS coach the late John Outlaw was probably the only father figure Dez had in high school and John would keep those kids in line.

However, there were signs of trouble in high school. He started reading his own press clippings and his work ethic suffered. In fact, his entire senior class of football players was probably the most talented I have ever seen. However, they started getting the big head and got bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs by a team that backed into the playoffs from their district.

I have said all of that to say this. My son is a year younger than Dez and came home one day and said Dez's position coach chewed him out in practice. Basically, Dez popped off about how high school didn't matter anymore since he was going to OSU anyway. His coach shot back, "Go on to OSU then. You'll be back in Lufkin dealing crack on the street 10 years from now anyway."

I think I want that coach to pick my lottery numbers for me.
I must agree with you, I saw Lufkin (w/ Dez) in Houston take on North Shore. To call it a 'game' would be a very liberal use of the word. Dez is arguably one of the most physically talented football players I've seen in HS, if not the most. He touched the ball 3 or 4 times, and every time it was a touchdown.

As deep as my hatred for all things Cowgirls go, I find this particularly delightful because Jerry should know by now, you can't fix stupid.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote