View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012   #18
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY's 2013 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't know, but I know the Texans have never cared much about the safety position, so I expect us to allocate our resources elsewhere. Even if Harris can be the nickel corner next year, I expect a mid to late round pick spent on both a Safety and a CB.
Your right the Texans never cared about the safety position, until Wade Phillips got here. When we finally got someone truly qualified to be a Defensive Coordinator instead of hiring Kubiak's unqualified friends we got 2 new Safeties. Manning and Quin have brought alot to our secondary. Not even Darrell Revis can cover a WR by himself for more than about 4-5 seconds at most. Quality Safety help is needed by even the best CB's. Now I do agree with your general idea that a Safety is not a high need in 2013. I think we re-sign Quin and if not then I wouldn't mind giving Demps a year to prove what he capable of, he's looked pretty damn good last year and this preseason.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote