View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012   #35
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Another terribly early 2013 Texans mock.

At this time I think it's pretty obvious we need to get alot better at RT, no one should disagree with that statement, but I don't think RT is a 1st round need. There are many good OT's in next years draft and I think a very good RT can be had in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Right now CBS has 11 OT's ranked as 3rd round or higher candidates, and Walterfootball has 14 as being worth at least a 3rd round pick. I know those numbers will change between now and April, but I agree with DR's observation that RT does not need to be a 1st round pick. Also next years draft seems to be pretty deep at many positions so expect, like this year, some pretty good talent to fall and be had in the middle rounds. Hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised by the improvement of Newton during the season, we'll decide that RT isn't a big need after all and we only need a new swing OT as depth.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote