View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012   #242
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Another thing I don't understand about this whole "he's doing what's expected of him" argument..

I'll go ahead and assume he's doing that.. However how does that prove that the Texans wouldn't like more from that position? Chuck Hayes was one of my favorite Rockets and he also did everything that was expected of him, because like Walter he was also limited. They certainly didn't expect him to lead the team in paint points or blocks.. but that doesn't mean they were content or weren't looking for a upgrade. Walter is the same way. He's doing everything they expect out of him most likely, because that's all they think he can do.
That's possible. Hell, I'll even go with probable. But that doesn't answer the two questions I keep asking:

1.) If he's been open, as has been reported by 76Texan, why are they not targeting him more often?

2.) If this is the role they envision for the #2 WR, even to a somewhat lesser degree, do we see Jean and/or Martin doing those sorts of things?

See, you've basically decided, based on nothing. I'm still trying to understand, based on what used to be nothing, but now is actual game tape. That's really our only divide. The results may temper my expectations, or they may bolster my suspicion that Walter is just not getting the job done.