View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Another terribly early 2013 Texans mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think Matthews will be there in the late 1st round. This past year, OTs that were highly rated around the draft community were falling well into the second round. It seems that teams were valuing the OT position (mainly RT) as less important than other needs, mainly on defense. That might be due to the explosive offensive season we just witnessed last year though. Plus, there are about 6-9 OTs that are rated to go in the 1st/2nd rounds, so there should be plenty of talent for the Texans to choose a good one. Both of the Texas A&M OTs are going to be drafting this year, and I'd be happy with either one of them.
My initial reaction when re doing my mock was Matthews in first and Travis Frederick OG/Center Wisconsin in second. I thought Newton would lock RT and Caldwell or Jones would back up Brooks at RG. My concerns about DBs over ruled.