View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012   #210
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2679 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
When the back side DE was 8-10 yards away from Schaub when he set up to make the throw on a bootleg, I would call it a devastating block.

We have gone through this quite extensively.

The combination of everything that Walter has been doing for the Texans is not replaceable at the moment.

Like I said, he's a mid 4.4 guy that can run good route.
He cannot be left in man too often.
I've rewatched some 9 games from last year with the all-22 view.
If Schaub had only look at Walter more often, his stats would have been completely different.

As far as speed is concern, I remember talking about Walter in the two-man route portion last off-season.
Schaub was late and short on a throw such that Walter had to slow down and came to an almost complete stop to catch that ball on the post route.
The CB had just enough time to come back to commit a PI to prevent Walter to take it to the house.
It was a 43-47-yd pass interference call (I don't remember exactly the distance, but I can look it up.)
And obviously, it was not in the book as a catch, nor a TD.
Walter 4.4 speed? Not even close...
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote