View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012   #202
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That's where I am. When I see Jean catch a ball, a small part of me is reminded of AJ. I think the guy has a chance to be the Rod Smith of the Texans, if he keeps at it. I like Martin for an entirely different role; one that the Texans have never really had. He's going to be good as well.

I've said this before, but I want to see a healthy rotation if the young guys can handle it.

I want Aj to get more rest than he has in the past and I want all if them to stay fresh.

Walter doesn't suck. He just is not a wr that you can line up outside all game long and expect elite production.

I'd love to see Aj and Jean primarily be the outside recorders with Martin and Walter specializing in the slot.

Walter and Martin are different as can be, but both have valuable skills that can be utilized in the slot.

Martin has the speed and quickness. Precise movements. Can go up the seam and make plays or run short routes for completions.

Walter is a big bodied sure handed guy that should excel in shielding off smaller nickel corners for short quick completions and is tough enough to deal with lb's at the LOS. His blocking skills could also shine there almost being like a hybrid wr/h back type of player.

Walter has a role on this team. What I disagree on is that his role is best suited for getting most of his time as #2 wr opposite andre.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote