Thread: Bad News....
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004   #70
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

some of ya'll, i.e. CaptainPatriot, seem to want to deal out the punishment yourselves...even against your own player in ty law...which i find funny seeing how many years he's devoted himself to the new england patriots...not everything is as black and white as ya'll might like to believe...and remember he has only been charged with this misdemeanor i remind you...this isn't a felony...i know everyone has their own issues with me saying this but it's the law...it's only a misdemeanor...same as any traffic violations...and keep in mind this one the state does take more seriously...but speeding, not stopping at signals, and wreckless driving all kill people as well...so don't try and read too much into a DWI...people can blow a .09 and be given a DWI and that's a hundreth of a point above the legal limit...and with some people that's only 2 or 3 drinks...i know i'm a bartender...i see people leave my bar all the time get in their cars and leave...and i garentee you none of them should be driving...you want punishment to be so damn harsh because he's a player...that the nfl should get involved along with the texans...man i hope if you ever get pulled over for a misdemeanor your boss puts some extra punishment onto that so you know how it feels...i know let's get a camera crew out there too and show your picture all over the 6 o'clock news to everybody...the way this issue has been treated is silly...blown way out of purportion in my eyes...cause we hold our athletes to a higher standard...although good it does have it's bad points as well...remember you are a fan and should support your players and coaches with everything they do...not just through the good times