View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012   #140
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I couldn't agree with this more. EU seems to just want to "be right" about Kareem and continues to bash him because it fits his original stance. He loves to gripe about KJ and continues to make comments that lack common sense.

I don't agree with everything that you say though 76. For example, Kareem isn't counting the yards in which he is running down the sideline and calculating when the Saints "usually" make that throw. It's not quite that technical, or not in my opinion. More likely, Kareem was just late in turning his head to locate the ball. He shows improvement on that play from his first or even early second year though. Back then he would have just pushed into the receiver to get a PI call. He's improving, it is just taking longer than the impatient fan would like it to.
But I do believe that (in the incompletion to Henderson) KJ turned his head around at the right time, TS.

From a Redskins playbook, I learned a coaching point that the DB should not turn his head until the receiver makes the break.

Here, Jackson needed to make sure that he pinned the receiver to the side line first (to better defend the back shoulder fade).
The top of the fade was about to be reached at this time.
It was only then that he was in truly good position to turn his head around, which he did.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote