View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012   #163
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holliday's chances at making the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Early on in camp I wanted to see Holliday make the team, but now not so much. The more I think of it, the more injuries I see on defense, the more I realize how easy it is to neutralize a return the less I see this being a smart move.

Honestly, if opponents (with decent kickers) think this guy is a legit weapon, they'll just kick it out of the back of the endzone. On punts, they'll just boot it out of bounds.

Returners are the one weapon that, with the new rules, can simply be rendered pointless. Holliday just doesn't bring enough other capabilities to the table. And last nights fumble was so reminiscent of Jacoby that I want no part of it..

TJ
If teams are doing that then he is a legit weapon. There aren't a lot of good directional punters anymore.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote