View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012   #117
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
if kareem turns early to locate the ball he probably loses moore and gives up an easier TD
This, and especially the underlined part.

A DB should turn his head only when he's in good position (in stride or ahead of the receiver), otherwise he will only loose seperation.
Unless you've got a coach that knows what he's talking about. Once the ball is in the air, who cares what that receiver is doing? A DB should read the man, his eyes, face, hands, hips... use those clues to determine when the ball is in the air, turn & locate it... doesn't matter where the WR is, play the ball.

Now that should only be one of the techniques used by a CB to do his job. It should be used frequently, but there are cases where it isn't practical. I can't think of one off the top of my head, but I'm sure there is one.