View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012   #106
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
i want to know what could kareem have done to better defend that pass.. i mean im watching the replay right now. kareem had him covered, i mean blanketed and brees made a good throw and lance moore is just a bit more athletic than kareem. if kareem turns early to locate the ball he probably loses moore and gives up an easier TD, he sticks to him and brees puts the ball in the air where only moore can get it..

i just think moore owns kareem, theres no other way to put it.

i wonder how joseph would have matched up with moore on the same play..

kareem needs a new gameplan when guarding this man i guess, jam him up harder at the line is the only remedy i see. if kareems on an island with moore, moore is going to win, hes faster and more athletic.
This, and especially the underlined part.

A DB should turn his head only when he's in good position (in stride or ahead of the receiver), otherwise he will only loose seperation.

We talked about how Allen was in the trail position on a post route last season.
The QB hit the receiver on the shoulder pad, allowing Allen to grab the receiver's arm (barely) and not letting him pull in the pass.

Allen never turned his head (for the same reason).
If that ball was placed perfectly like the one Brees threw, it would have a long TD pass "given up" by Allen.

I also mentioned a 53 yd TD pass Allen gave up to Wallace (when Allen was with the Dolphin).

Allen was also in trail position, but as soon as he tried to turn his head, he lost Wallace and gave up the TD.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote