View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012   #28
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I don't see ILB as that big of a need, remember it's only a 2 down position anyway since Cushing will stay in the game and the other ILB will come out on nickle or dime coverage. I also think that James is adequate yet unspectacular at the position, while Dobbins appears to me to be even better than James. There's also Alexander and Louiseau, who I think makes the practice squad as depth. That's 4 guys vying for 1 starting spot plus depth, and in case of emergency I think Braman could handle the ILB spot adequately if necessary. Thus I don't think we'd spend anything more than a 5th round pick here if that.
Agreed, except I could see us spending as high as a 3rd on an ilb and maybe higher just depending on who falls where.

Nothing wrong with having a guy that can step in if Cushing misses time and also be a stand out on special teams.

But like you said I don't think that would be a priority and more of a luxury.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote