View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Another terribly early 2013 Texans mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
This is my terribly early Texans Mock Draft for 2013 - (hopefully Texans select 32nd).

First Round: Jake Matthews, OT(Jr.) 6-5 305 Texas A&M

Lock down right side with ability to swing over if needed left side without losing a step. Texans OL would be officially loaded to help keep Schawb healthy as he takes hometown discount to extend his career as a Houston Texan. This is a great value too if he opts out to enter the NFL early.

Second Round: Kevin Reddick, ILB, 6-2 240 North Carolina

DeMeco was shipped off without having his legitimate replacement compounded with some bad luck to Sharpton's recovery, I think its time to move on & upgrade with elite talent for position.

Third Round: Josh Boyd, DT/NT, 6-3 300 Mississippi State

I honestly don't think Texans have a true starter, even with Cody not injured playing nose tackle. Mike Martin, Michigan was pounded to be selected in the 3rd round by many draft posters here, the need remains & trigger needs to be pulled to address interior DL.

Fourth Round: Michael Williams, TE, 6-5 272 Alabama

Texans need a true blocking TE especially in short yardage & goal-line stands. Williams is a massive, powerful & athletic blocker who can help seal the edge or create cut-back lanes for Foster & Tate. The 4th rd. has been a popular choice for Kubiak/Smith to take a TE.

Fifth Round: Dan Buckner, WR, 6-3 215 Arizona

Feel good about LeStar Jean's progress year two as undrafted free agent. Buckner is sort of carbon-copy, long-strider, deep threat & field stretcher. His teammate, Juron Criner, a far more polished WR taken 5th rd. by Oakland & looking good in camp so far.

Sixth Round: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, 6-0 192 Connecticut

Big cover corner coming off Knee injury. If he fully recovers in less than one year (doubt it) he could still be on the board late? Texans will probably take a shot every draft in secondary when a player meets their system requirements.

Seventh Round: Carson York, OG, 6-5 292 Oregon

ZBS guard with experience both sides. Very quick, technically sound. See his stock rising, have really been impressed with Duck OL now for several years & they always seem to produce decent late round prospects who stick. Center Hroniss Grasu could be the highest Duck OL drafted in years when he comes out in a couple years, his play is outstanding.

enjoy
I am down with 1st and 3rd but like 65 I am concerned about Riddick. If you remember I mocked him before but want to watch him. Matthews being there is slight but possible and he will be a starter just not until Smith is gone. He could replace Butler who is a FA.