View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our first round pick Whitney Mercilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
"On the next pass (incompletion, but Jenkins beat Ball again), Mercilus beat his man late and would have gotten to the QB in just a tad less than 4 secs."

In Less than 4 seconds he could have tied his shoe. Gotta get there in less than that.
1. I said "late"; otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered noted the time now, would I?

2. I also said, often there needs to be other players involved to make a play happen.
A huge number of sacks happen around the 4 sec mark.
With a push or penetration up the middle, this play could have happened around the 3 sec mark.

3. BTW, as a new poster, I don't think it's a good idea to jump the gun and simply throw "wise" comment around just for the sake of it. But if you would rather "anything goes", you're welcome to go for it.

Last edited by 76Texan; 08-24-2012 at 06:30 AM.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote