View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY's 2013 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
When I comment on Rhodes size and probable transition to FS, it's his weight that I'm talking about not his height. I remember an interview posted on here months ago with Vance Joseph who was talking about KJ and Harris being good in short yardage coverage but that their weight and lack of long speed is what hindered them in pass coverage. He also said that both players were losing weight in the offseason, gaining long speed, and working on their skill set to be better cover corners down field. His implications were pretty direct that their weight caused a lack of long speed which hurt their down field coverage. Since both have lost the weight and gotten alot better in their pass coverage. Rhodes is too heavy and slow to be a good CB at the NFL level. I'm pretty safe in saying that he'll either have to lose weight, gain speed, and work on his skill set to be a successful NFL CB or most likely he'll transition to FS. If you insist on a 1st round CB then give us Johnathan Banks but I doubt he falls to us, probably a top 20 pick.

As for OG, I think Brooks starts next year just not sure which side of Myers he'll be on. Brooks taking W. Smith spot would make more financial sense but we'll see. On a related note, 2013 seems to be a really good year for OT and OG, their's quality and depth at both positions. I think we'll draft one of each in 2013 and would like to see it in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

As for SS, I think we re-sign Quin to a team friendly deal. Your right Quin's not great but he's decent enough to give a 3yr. extension to for the right price while we spend our upper draft choices elsewhere. I'm not arguing with the pick, if it were made Lester would be a great addition to the team, I just see higher priorities on the D-line next year at NT and DE. I'll worry about Mannings contract and age in 2014 next year, we've got more than enough on our plate for now.

As for WR, I think your missing the big picture. Yes Jean and Martin are young and impressive but I think both of them top out as a #2 or #3 WR. I don't think either has the potential to be a true #1. I'm looking for someone to replace Walter next year with potential to take over for AJ soon cause he ain't getting any younger or healthier any time soon.

I'll say it again, I can foresee next offseason being alot bloodier than this past one due to all the cuts made because of the locked down salary cap. Until the owners are finished exacting their pound of flesh retribution on the players for last years strike/lock out alot of teams are going to have to make really hard decisions.
Good debate. Patrick Peterson at 6'1" 219lbs should not go unmentioned. His 4.34 is excellent for his size and it is quite possible Rhodes could run faster than 4.5 and he could also drop a few pounds if necessary.

I just really like him as a player and think he will do well. Not all corners can change to safety but he should IF he cannot succeed as CB. Either position is needed. Also he would play SS imo not free.

My comment on Manning states 2014. To replace #1 starter you should probably allow one year OJT for new guy.

Before you dump Wade Smith, familiarize your self on his contract and the ramifications to the cap.

Not missing anything on WRs. Jean might be the answer replacing AJ in long term but I would like to have a back up plan such as Da'Rick Rogers (my first round in prior 2013 mock) or my guy Marcus Davis. I think AJ barring injury will be #1 until at least thru 2014. Allowing two seasons for 2013 pick to get ready. We don't need Martin or Jean to be more than WR 2 and 3 as I said in thread.

With careful selections and younger guys like Yates improving, while losing some vets, off season may not be too harmful to the team.

This mock is far from my final but gives us something to think and talk about.