View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012   #24
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our first round pick Whitney Mercilus

He looked pretty good in the first game in pass rush situations. Against the run game, he didn't look as good although he held up better than I expected him to.

In the second game, he really didn't flash much at all. I didn't see any good pressure by him.

I think they've got the luxury, at this point at least, to not worry about having to speed up his development. I expect to see him giving Reed and Barwin breathers and being part of the rotation and I expect Wade to unveil some packages with all our best pass rushers on the field when the real games start... if not in the Saints game.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote