Originally Posted by badboy
Probably some shockers and as always some guys that lead to debate ( I hope). As always I ask you to read the entire thread rather than criticize why I did not select your guy or position when you wanted. My picks are where I see the player today and some of course will rise and some will slide.
1. #28 CB Xavier Rhodes Florida St. 6'1" 217 4.54 His late season knee injury concerns but early August he was back on field with some limitations. He has a year to get 100% & if needs to can convert to safety. I've watched this kid last season and mocked him coming out. I'll explain my picks later.
2. S Robert Lester Alabama 6'2" 210 4.5 another guy I mocked last year. He seems to have nose for ball and with some of his defensive sidekicks leaving he should get more attention.
3. A) WR Marcus Davis Virginia Tech 6'4" 228 4.37 mostly a straight ahead fast deep threat. Little production but 43" vert and 17 ypc.
3.B) TE C J Fiedorowicz Iowa 6'7" 265 Good soft hands and a very good blocker.
4. QB Zac Dysert Miami, Ohio 6'3" 228 3,513 yds, 66% 23 TDs to 11 INTs May seem too high but by end of season could be a third rounder.
5 A) NT Mister Cobble Kentucky 6' 332 I thought he'd come out last season but returned. Known as a "bowling ball" he came on strong late last season.
5. B) ILB Andrew Jackson W. Kentucky 6'1" 262 109 tackles 3.5 sacks one fumble and one int
6. Blaize Foltz TCU 6'4" 310 a true right guard
7. LaAdrian Waddle Texas Tech 6'6" 332 started LT 2 years
1) I like Rhodes, but I dont want to go CB (or FS) in the first. JJo is a grade A starter, KJax is looking good so far, Harris is ready to see the field, etc. I am not opposed to looking for a CB in the middle to late rounds, but I think we could add some talent to a position we actually need to upgrade, or will need to upgrade in the near future (ILB, NT, WR, TE, QB).
2) If Lester is there, and providing we DONT go DB in the first, I am down with this pick. Outside of our starters, we dont have a lot of talent at safety.
3) Project WR pick with great athleticism and upside. Cant dislike that! I am concerned though, that he is similar to the receivers we already have on the roster, in that he is a project player.
3) Fiedo! If he is here, you run to the podium. However, I think he goes in the second at the latest. It's early in the process, but I see him being a HUGE riser next year. Massive.
4) I like Dysert, and I like looking for a QB. Sign me up.
5) I like Cobble, but will he come out this year? Only a RS Junior, it is uncommon (though not unheard of) for players with eligibility to leave school if they are not being looked at in the first few rounds.
5) I dont know anything about Jackson, but I like the position. Same question mark about him coming out of school though.
6) OL depth, sounds good.
7) OL depth, sounds good.