View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas Longhorns Football - 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I think UT is trying to go the route of becoming an SEC style team:smothering Defense and prolific running game. I liked what I saw out of the D last year and I think the running game has a chance to be one of the best in the country. I think the D can certainly be top 5 if not top 10. The running game is potentially very dangerous and has 3 really good youngsters carrying the rock. This will be a return to the days of Ricki and Priest establishing the tone rather than Vince or Colt.

My prediction is the D and running game will propel the team to a top 10 finish. The team won 11+ games with Chris Simms as a QB: surely Ash and/or Case are not significantly worse than Simms.
With that defense, may not need much of a QB.