View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 2012 "Rate My Draft" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I don't really know. I hate it, in reality. The team with Aaron Rodgers got screwed because autodraft chose 2 backup QBs for him. He'll now have to trade or drop them, and both of those guys are valuable
Well, that does tell me that your league has a very deep waiver wire, and that bye weeks could kill a team. If I was in your league, I would strategize to get my best players all on the same bye week and just take the loss. Then start everyone the other 15 weeks and blow everyone away. Use those two bench spots sparingly, but try to pick up good players when they have a big game.

Edit:
So Week 7 is the week that 6 teams are on bye this year. They are: Atlanta, Denver, Kansas City, Miami, Philadelphia, San Diego

In an auction league, I would plan out this sort of roster based on those team's fantasy values. A lineup could be something like this:

QB: Peyton, Matt Ryan or Rivers
RB: McCoy (Must have), Turner, Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis, Reggie Bush (if PPR), McGahee
WR: Julio Jones (must have), Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Maclin, Djax, Michael Floyd, Davone Bess, some Denver WR nobody cares about
TE: Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez or Celek
K: Take your pick, but I would go with Prater out of this bunch.
DST: Take your pick, I would go with KC or Philly

Starting a full team built around week 7 would annihilate everyone else who will be resting a starter each week. I used this strategy for a draft last year, and it worked out really well for me. Went 11-3 in the regular season and won the playoffs by a hefty margin too.